Reference no. 0178
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
About Pinewood MBS Lighting
Pinewood MBS Lighting is a world leading provider of lighting equipment and associated facilities to the film and television production industry, including the exclusive supply of service and support at Pinewood’s UK studios. Our service combines decades of experience with an unrivalled collection of cutting edge production solutions that embrace both the conventional and the very latest in advanced lighting technology. Through ongoing investment in people and products we have created one of the industry’s premier lighting rental resources, perfectly placed to service any production type anywhere in the world.
The Workshop Technician will be responsible for carrying out and maintaining a consistent throughput of technical repairs on lighting and associated equipment.
- Understanding the priorities of the incoming repair stock and deciding on the most cost-efficient repair options.
- Undertaking electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Preparing equipment to be sent to external suppliers for repair.
- Testing equipment (including PAT) before managing return to stock.
- Using RT pro stock control system to identify where all repair stock is located either within PMBS or at external repair suppliers and returning repaired items to stock.
- Liaising with the inventory manager about retiring stock which is beyond economical repair.
- Work with the workshop administrator to ensure supplies are maintained a good level within the repairs department and the equipment departments.
- Work with PMBS departments so they have a better understanding of what repairs can be done quickly and locally and what should be escalated to the repairs department.
- Ensure the department workshop is always maintained in an efficient and organised manner with all tools and equipment accounted for.
- Work with the Operations manager and Overflow Warehouse Manager to ensure all operations are risk assessed and control measures are in place and being adhered to.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro).
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
- Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders.
- The is person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs.
- 2 years+ experience in the lighting industry is desirable.