Reference No. 0102
Purpose of role:
- Supporting the Television Team, the main aim of this role is to assist in the day to day running of the TV department and support the smooth operation of the TV studio facilities.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager, Production Manager and Technical Manager to plan and execute the customer’s requirements as per contract.
- Help to hire, co-ordinate and organise casual runner staff.
- Order and organise studio stock and consumables such as catering and cleaning materials.
- IT/Telecoms management – ensuring that clients have access to the appropriate telecoms and IT support – liaising with suppliers such as Sohonet.
- Upkeep and turnaround of studio facilities; dressing rooms, offices etc. ensuring facilities are cleaned, maintained and presented to the clients standards
- Liaise with Security, Operations and Reception to ensure ease of access for clients and crew.
- Work closely with other studio departments to co-ordinate general maintenance of the studios and ensure tasks are completed in required timescales
- System Management – ensuring all computer systems and databases are kept up to date and current.
- Manage and allocate car parking spaces for clients
- Help Production team with general admin duties; crew call times etc.
- Provide cover for the Studio Manager during periods of absence
- Provide cover for Production Managers when required
Key performance measures:
- Deliver a high level of customer service to clients
- Ensure the upkeep and turnaround of studio facilities is carried out within the required timescales
- Ensure that the TV studios have appropriate staff resources such as Runners and Ushers
- Support the TV Team in fulfilling client’s expectations whilst ensuring that budgets are adhered to.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Diplomatic with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Forward planning and organisation skills
- Health & Safety awareness
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented, credible, and comfortable in dealing with internal and external customers. Persistent and tenacious communicator. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Well-presented and businesslike. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to Pinewood Studios. Able to attend occasional meetings offsite and at other company sites. Able to work unsociable hours.
Literacy, Numeracy and Computer Skills: Able to communicate via various media and computer literate. Able to demonstrate sound literacy and numeracy skills up to GCSE standard
Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.