Trainee Lighting Technician
Reference No: 0140
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
Pinewood MBS Lighting
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- To assist and work under the guidance of competent department employees, and supervisors carrying out routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults.
- To work on a rotation through each department learning all line items in PMBS’s comprehensive inventory.
- Assist in the preventive maintenance and testing of electrical mechanical and data systems (including power distribution equipment).
- Assist with team activities such as truck loading and unloading
- To work with increasing independence as the trainee program progresses.
- To participate in all training initiatives supplied by the company.
- Where opportunities arise work on location with experienced lighting crews, gaining experience of “on set” disciplines
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- To take reasonable care of own and others safety; to co-operate with managers/supervisors in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults etc.
- To understand and comply with Pinewood Studios environmental policies.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Occasionally represent the company and industry during community engagement and career events.
- Must hold or be working towards level three electrical installation certificate, C&G or EAL
- Alternatively, be willing to enrol through night courses to achieve the qualifications above during the fixed term contract period. (training loans may be available)
- Must be IT literate, and be able to use basic Microsoft Office applications
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as workload demands.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
- This person will be self-motivating and organised
- Must be able to drive to carry out secondment work with other electrical contractors
About the Company
- MBS is a leading supplier of Lighting and associated equipment to the film and television industry, based at Pinewood studios, with other supporting locations
- We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
- Warehouse hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.