Reference No. 042
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance, the Group Sustainability Manager will work closely with in-house teams and selected contractors to implement and further develop Pinewood’s Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Strategies.
Key Aspects / Responsibilities of the role:
- Managing and reducing the Studios impact on the environment
- Maintaining relevant Environmental compliance
- Managing sustainable travel initiatives
- Managing and improving waste contracts
- Driving Sustainability Forums with staff, tenants and productions on site
- Liaison with industry groups on sustainability issues across film and TV production
- Monitoring utility use across sites
- Identifying and driving ways to reduce energy and CO2 emissions
- Budgeting and managing utility spend
- Re-billing of energy use to on-site clients
- Maintaining compliance with relevant regulations
- Deliver sustainability training and awareness campaigns to internal staff, tenants and customers on site.
- Support and advise internal property team regarding future developments.
- Manage junior member of staff
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Experience of facilities utility management.
- Understanding of basic energy concepts.
- Familiar with energy technologies.
- Experience of Environmental / Energy Management Systems.
- Understanding of Environmental and Energy reporting, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of recycling and waste streams.
- Degree in a related sustainability subject
- Obtained or working towards professional qualifications in energy or environmental matters.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, approachable, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Self-motivated, reliable and committed. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood and Shepperton. Must have a driving license. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Must be IT literate.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers and contractors, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate with clients and staff of all levels.