Reference No. 0042
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance, the role of the Group Sustainability Manager is to lead the Sustainability Department through developing, implementing and monitoring the Group’s Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Strategies.
- Manage the metering and monitoring of energy usage and related recharging.
- Maintaining and monitoring AMR system.
- Identifying and implementing energy and CO2 savings opportunities.
- Identifying and implementing areas where environmental sustainability could be improved
- Gather and record energy and sustainability metrics to measure and chart improvements and for reporting
- Maintaining regulatory compliance and necessary related reporting.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce waste using the waste hierarchy and improve recycling rates.
- Manage contractors.
- Supporting clients with their sustainability goals.
- Manage sustainable travel initiatives.
- Communicating Energy and Environmental strategies to colleagues, customers and stakeholders, including arranging awareness campaigns and events.
- Liaising with local and national authority bodies.
- Maintain the pollution prevention plan, and maintain necessary equipment levels.
- Investigate and document environmental incidents, identify necessary remedial actions and follow up prevention plans.
- Deliver sustainability training to internal staff, tenants and customers on site
- Support and advise internal property team regarding future developments
- Manage junior member of staff
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Experience of facilities utility management.
- Understanding of basic energy concepts.
- Familiar with energy technologies.
- Experience of Environmental / Energy Management Systems.
- Understanding of Environmental and Energy reporting, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of recycling and waste streams.
- Experience of change management, ideally relating to energy and environmental issues.
- Experience of managing people
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Customer service driven.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
- Degree in a related sustainability subject with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Obtained or working towards professional qualifications in energy or environmental matters.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, approachable, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Self-motivated, reliable and committed. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood and Shepperton. Must have a driving license. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Must be IT literate.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers and contractors, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate with clients and staff of all levels.