Reference no. 0167
Pinewood MBS Lighting
Reporting to: Returns Manager
Supervising: Loading team as required
To coordinate the sub-hire order, receipt, despatch, returns and reconciliation process of technical film lighting equipment from specialist third party vendors. To work with the returns team, sales team, equipment co-ordinators and transport teams to co-ordinate activity to facilitate the efficient collection and repatriation of high value technical items through the hire process, ensuring anomalies occurring by moving production schedules and requirements are accounted for, logged and communicated across the business, with adjustments made to rental agreements and obligations, where necessary.
- To keep a log of all raised sub-hire PO’s and recording hire dates to flag for end of usage and return dates
- To work with international suppliers and partners to arrange shipments of equipment across different customs territories
- Check all equipment sub hires are received as ordered in good technical condition and marked or logged so they can be tracked through each job until return.
- Ensure each equipment co-ordinator is aware of delivered sub-hire so they can fulfil their Job requirements.
- Ensure that overdue sub hires are extended and chased with the account handler.
- When sub hires are returned, ensure these are in good condition and accurately returned on RT pro to show what is still owed by the customer.
- Raise discrepancy reports with the account handlers where end users have failed to return all components or returned in condition different to despatch.
- Complete returns paperwork and inventory adjustments and work with the transport team to arrange return to supplier with returns note.
- Ensure proof of delivery notes are filed, and available for review (attached to the PO inside Rental tracker Pro) should queries arise.
- Work with account handlers on preparing reports for customer billing
- Work with account handlers and finance team to reconcile invoices against received and returned goods
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve equipment discrepancies, late returns, outstanding returns relating to sub-hire equipment
- Other duties within the returns team may also be required including stock transfers, raising repair tickets
- Assists and covers Returns Manager when absent.
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge with a wide range of film lighting equipment
- The candidate will understand the technical applications and accessory variations for over 4000 product lines
- Must understand the RT Pro inventory tracking system specifically the sub-hire modules
- Must be an advanced Excel user
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft systems, experience in network and SQL database issues.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders receiving instruction and giving advice
- Must be able to clearly produce reports to the sales and finance team showing current status of all sub hires in the system.
- Must a have an excellent understanding of the UK lighting industry and the specialisations of sub hire equipment suppliers
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs
About the Company
- MBS is a leading supplier of Lighting and associated equipment to the film and television industry, based at Pinewood studios, with other supporting locations
- We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
- Warehouse hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.