Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Purpose of the Role
To supervise and co-ordinate the day to day running of the Operational Site Teams and associated contractors. To liaise and problem solve with all Productions and Tenants to ensure the smooth running of the Site. Point of contact for all Site activities and communicate to all stake holders either internally or externally.
- Provide first class customer service to Productions and report or solve any issues/requirements they may have on a daily basis.
- To be responsible for Unit vehicles in and out of the Site including the positioning of Unit bases and Technical bases.
- To liaise and communicate with all Tenants on an operational basis.
- Liaise with the Security Manager and Security Staff.
- Providing cover in the Operations Office for call answering where required.
- To be able to engage with the local community and support Pinewood in maintaining an excellent relationship with its neighbours.
- Provide and be available for out of hours contact from Studio Management, Customers and Security including weekends.
- Completing Stage/Workshop/Facility checks after every Production to ensure all recharges for damage are passed, maintenance work is reported and Health & Safety issues are addressed.
- Maintain a full inventory of all Studio fixtures, fittings, furniture and telephones, utilising the ATS and Loc8 systems.
- Methodically monitor and improve PPM works across all staff disciplines to consistently improve standards.
- Collating information for the daily schedule that is sent out to all Departments, Productions and Tenants.
- To be responsible for all Departmental equipment and machinery. Including scarab sweeping machine, tractors, milk floats plus various hand tools etc.
- Maintain, renew and install Studio signage where necessary including allocated car parking plates, door signage and directional signage.
- Writing of studio notices to inform on site clients of works/activities that will affect the day to day running of the studio.
- Provide backup for the Operations Manager in their daily tasks including managing the Operational on-site Departments. Including Gardeners, Site Assistance, and Group Ground Operative.
- Checking Studio facilities before and after they are released to Productions to maintain and exceed a high standard of quality. (Stages, Workshops, Offices, Dressing Rooms, Make Up, Wardrobe, Welfare facilities and Back lot).
- Continuous monitoring and checking of facilities whilst they are in use to highlight recharging and upkeep.
- Continuous checking of all mobile catering vehicles whilst on Site and enforcing the mobile catering license where necessary.
- To ensure the continuing cleanliness of Site and its facilities including Grounds, Back Lots, road and path ways and litter bins.
- Manage and schedule works with external contractors i.e. Landscaping, Pest Control, Jet Washing to ensure site presentation is maintained to a high standard.
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for the writing and maintaining of all Department Health & Safety documentation for the Site Assistants, Grounds Operatives and Gardeners.
- To ensure that all contractor Health and Safety documentation is updated regularly and received prior to any works commencing.
- Ensure the upkeep of company PPM property is maintained and communicated to the team i.e. Harnesses, Vehicle Checks (Scarab, Milk Floats) Gardening Equipment.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Good standard of Secondary education.
- Experience and ability to successfully manage a team.
- Customer service driven with experience of dealing with members of the public.
- Shows initiative and capable of working taking responsibility without supervision.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible in handling conflicting priorities.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Reliable, honest and trustworthy. Dependable and punctual.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios.
Literacy and Numeracy: 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics desirable.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers. Able to interact with clients and staff of all levels.