Reference No. 224
About the role
The Security Manager is a key member of the Operations Senior Management team, providing vital technical knowledge and subject matter expertise to the Pinewood Group on all aspects of manned and technical security. The role sits within the Business Compliance department, alongside our Health and Safety, Fire and Sustainability teams.
The Security Manager will provide specialist technical and professional support and governance in the provision and management of Pinewood Group’s security services. They will design, implement and maintain the security system, technology, infrastructure, operating procedures and over-arching strategy. The Security Manager also will act on behalf of Pinewood Group to manage the relationship between the Studio and its customers on all matters of security.
- Oversee the security provider to ensure that suitable site and situational threat and vulnerability risk assessments have been complete and logged with action plans developed and actions implemented in a timely manner, in line with good practice
- Optimise the Pinewood Group Security service and their supporting systems and infrastructure to deliver the most efficient and effective holistic security offering to the Studio and its customers at the most economic price.
- Develop and curate a full suite of manned and technical security assignment instructions, process, policy, standards and governance documents.
- Be accountable for ensuring that appropriate and reasonable security measures are implemented and maintained throughout the different Pinewood Group sites in line with good industry and sector practice.
- Take responsibility for all manned and technical security measures, providing recommendations to address any identified vulnerabilities. Lead on continuous improvement and enhancement programs, from time to time acting as either project manager or client as required.
- Manage the Pinewood Group access control, CCTV, visitor management and intruder detection systems, software and platforms. Manage ongoing governance and compliance in addition to leading on the specification and procurement of new/enhancement systems as required.
- Act as the principle point of contact for Pinewood Group customers and internal departments in regards to all aspects of technical and manned security. This will include planning and risk assessment of specialist circumstances and events, in addition to leading on investigations and post incident audits, and the construction of security strategies for new builds, expansions and changes of use.
- Lead on the specification and procurement of future manned and technical security contracts.
- Responsible for the contract management of the Studios manned and technical security contracts to ensure both performance and best value for money whilst managing the risk exposure from the supply chain to as low as practicable.
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate will be an experience Security Services professional with relevant experience of managing large multi building/site estates or facilities of comparable complexity. Experience should include:
- Facility security
- Security technologies
- Business continuity
- Demonstrable up to date knowledge of manned and technical security Industry best practice and emerging trends
- Experience developing, managing and delivering security operations in large population public/semi-public environments
- Desirable candidates would have a security, investigations and/or business continuity industry certification (i.e. CPP, PSP, CFE, BCM, CBCP), SIA Public Space Surveillance (PSS) (CCTV) licence or hold a valid IOSH or NEBOSH qualification in Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Role location: Primary Pinewood Studios with some travel to Shepperton Studios
- Grade: 6 (Upper)
- Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Closing date for applications is 10th November 2020
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.