Project Manager (Construction)
Ref no. 0154
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team here at Pinewood Studios Group. In this role you will work directly for the Group Project Manager and closely with the Project Management Department and all people across the business.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for all things Design and Construction related and to help to make Pinewood a more rewarding place to work.
You will lead developments at the Group’s UK Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. These include refurbishments, demolitions and the construction of new buildings, together with the installation of new infrastructure on and off site.
- To lead the management of planned and unplanned construction projects from inception to completion.
- Preparing and implementing appropriate project documentation including: pre-construction information, pre-tender plans, detailed design packages, schedules of work, detailed specifications, tender packages, cost plans etc.
- Engagement with and management of specialist consultants as required for each project i.e. Structural Engineer, Architect, M & E Consultant etc.
- Project cost procurement, analysis and appraisal.
- Preparing, monitoring and managing project budgets including cost and payment management in liaison with the Group Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator and Finance Department.
- Overseeing the maintenance of project correspondence, documents, drawings, certificates and financial records through management of the Group Technical Library.
- Ensuring that project programmes are agreed between all key project stakeholders as required and that key deadlines are met.
- Regular communication with other internal departments regarding business impact from projects.
- Sourcing contractors with a view to managing a portfolio of approved contractors compliant under the Construction Industry Scheme, to meet Company requirements.
- Chairing pre-start, progress and handover meetings with contractors and communicating throughout the course of each project.
- Ensure quality is delivered to the highest standard throughout each project.
- Regular and clear project progress reporting to management.
- Comply with the Group’s Policies, Plans and Procedures.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Minimum 5 years previous construction project management experience.
- Good understanding of technical construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Robust understanding of construction contracts.
- Robust understanding of CDM and relevant construction legislation, regulations and standards.
- Commercially aware with good organisational skills.
- Value driven both personally and professionally.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused.
- Capable of working to strict targets and timescales with an ability to set deadlines.
- Robust and strong attitude to negotiations with contractors
- Desire and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Built Environment degree (Building Surveying preferred but not essential).
- Professional memberships / qualifications (APM, RICS or equivalent) are desirable but are not essential.
Role location: Pinewood and Shepperton Studios
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
£40,000 per annum plus extensive company benefits