About the role
Pinewood Group is looking to appoint a Project Manager to support the Development Manager in the delivery of several high-profile mixed-use projects at both Pinewood and Shepperton studios.
Working in a small but dynamic team in an exciting environment, the Project Manager supports with the management, coordination and driving the delivery of capital projects at both Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. Capital projects will include the construction of sound stages, workshops and offices, on both greenfield sites as well as within the existing Studio.
You will have sound experience in driving design teams to meet milestone dates, devising procurement strategies and contract negotiation and managing the projects through delivery, handover, snagging and defect rectification.
- Manage planned and unplanned construction projects from inception through to completion to protect the business from adverse risk (cost uncertainties / project delays / unforeseen problems)
- Assist the Development Manager in preparation and refinement of the client brief
- Assist with the appointment and management of the performance of professional teams to ensure the projects are delivered to the required standard
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with CDM and other legislative regulations, taking responsibility for the appointment of key roles and necessary documentation.
- Coordination and management of design team and specialist consultants as required for each project
- Assist the Development Manager with project cost procurement, analysis and appraisal
- Assist the design team in defining Employer Requirements (ERs) and ensuring all supporting information is collated
- Maintain regular communication with other internal departments regarding potential business impacts and mitigation options
- Prepare and implement appropriate project documentation including pre-construction information, pre-tender plans, detailed design packages, schedules of work, detailed specifications, tender packages, cost plans etc.
- Conduct construction contract negotiation and administration which would involve, managing lawyers, collating required documentation for construction contracts, payment notices, design change control, practical completion etc.
- Oversee the maintenance of project correspondence, documents, drawings, certificates and financial records
- Chair pre-start, progress and handover meetings with contractors and reporting throughout the course of each project on progress
- Assist with managing the occupation and the snagging process
- Manage the latent defect process, working closely with legal advisors and design team as required
Skills and experience
- A degree-level education in a technical discipline (Architecture / Engineering / Quantity Surveying or Project Management) or equivalent industry experience
- Previous construction project management experience, over considerable time, on multiple projects with construction budgets in excess of £10m
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project management, project design, specification and building construction techniques and details.
- Experience of design & build contracts and procurement methods
- Knowledge of legal background to design appointments, construction contracts, Agreements to Lease
- Experienced in managing risks and can proactively find creative solutions to problems
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused mindset
- Capable of working to strict targets and timescales with an ability to set deadlines
- Skilled and experienced in the management and motivation of third parties
- Clear consistent communication skills to update on key project milestones/issues, manage expectations and ensure decisions are communicated and actions taken accordingly
- Ability to find practical solutions, think creatively and overcome obstacles
- Strong negotiation skills
- Patience and resilience under pressure
- Highly organised and a team player
- RICS or Institute of Project Management professional qualification and industrial or commercial project experience desirable but not essential
- Role location: Pinewood Studios
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application