Purpose of the Role:
The Pinewood Studios Group are seeking an experienced Procurement Manager or Specialist to join their team. The candidate will be part of a strategic team delivering procurement activities, advice, best practice and value for money to meet operational and project requirements. The Procurement Manager or Specialist will work with business stakeholders to ensure that the works and services required to support the studio’s facilities are procured in a cost and time effective manner. The role includes the delivery of a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activities within the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximised and cost savings are generated.
- Develop, manage and maintain responsibility for category planning and portfolio management across indirect spend categories (including but not limited to: Hard/ Soft FM, Cleaning, Catering, Security, Environmental, Waste, Mechanical & Engineering, Vehicle Maintenance, Business Services and Capex); leading on tenders, undertaking bench-marking, achieving savings by reducing costs and managing the complete supplier and product/service life cycles;
- Research market intelligence to identify trends and any innovations for a category. Embed existing and new approaches in procurement by demonstrating good understanding of industry best practice;
- Provide procurement advice and guidance on all contracts within the portfolio. Create and develop procurement strategies that encourage continuous improvement and deliver value for money by influencing business stakeholders;
- Produce intelligent sourcing strategies, request for information, pre-qualification questionnaires, invitation to tender, evaluation criteria and review contract agreements to influence the decision-making process in line with procurement objectives;
- Carry out appropriate due-diligence when assessing suppliers to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical procurement standards, inductions, audits and whole life costing;
- Confident understanding and familiarity with standard terms and conditions of contract such as master service agreements, relevant UK legalisation including changes/updates;
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers for all products and services within spend control, including managing category supply base to ensure delivery against commercial requirements. Ensure suitable measurable quality and performance metrics (SLA’s and KPI’s) are defined and incorporated into the contract to facilitate future performance audits and reviews;
- Utilise corporate systems to extract compliance / benchmarking data and to produce monthly and quarterly management reporting;
- Attend and hold meetings with business stakeholders and manage all related activities and actions as required;
- Enhance procurement practices in sourcing and supplier management through the implementation of a P2P platform;
- Promote and lead with a collaborative team-working approach with internal departments across the business, and externally with suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the procurement function;
- Support the Head of Procurement to promote good procurement across the organisation ensuring governance is observed and adhered to in line with the Pinewood Procurement Strategy;
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management;
- Observe the Studio regulations at all times; and
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on the Procurement of Facilities Management and / or building services;
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and a personable team player.
- Experienced procurement professional working towards or CIPS qualified;
- A self-starter, strategic and analytical procurement professional confident in negotiating with suppliers, project delivery with proven track record within similar position;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire the business stakeholder community;
- Strong business stakeholder management skills to influence and negotiate with senior decision-makers and ensuring successful delivery of outcomes and obtaining approval;
- Excellent Negotiation skills with a flair to recognise opportunity;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and a structured methodical approach; and
- Strong demonstrable indirect Category Management and Category Planning experience, including strategic sourcing and end-to-end delivery;
Personality: Self-driven, results orientated, positive attitude, dependable and punctual. Adapts to changing demands and overcomes challenges by making well considered decisions.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases (Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios). Working hours may vary depending on the Company requirements and occasional travel as necessary.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Internet and email. Project Management skills are desirable but not essential.
Literacy and Numeracy: Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be self-assured and professional when dealing with internal business stakeholders and suppliers, both face-to-face and on the telephone. Act as an ambassador for procurement and the Pinewood Group organisation.