Reference No. 0145
Purpose of the Role:
The Plumber is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipework, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in all studios buildings and stages across the Group.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on plumbing systems, fixtures & fittings
- Installation and repair of sanitary ware, point of use heaters, showers, etc. in line with manufacturer’s instructions
- Carry out repairs & maintenance including replacing of parts to mains water installations and commercial heating systems pipework, pumps, valves, expansion joints and radiators.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet expectation and standards required in line with manufacturer’s instructions and water regulations
- Pipe fitting / replacement and lagging duties where required
- Assist with fuel deliveries and tank dips if needed
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Perform any other duties deemed appropriate by line management
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Plumbing accreditation
- Knowledge of water regulations
- Understanding of commercial heating systems Inc. unvented hot water systems
- Customer service driven
- Desirable commercial / industry experience and knowledge of sector
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and confidence skills
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Reliable, determined and flexible
- Health and Safety aware
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal situation: Able to commute reliably to the office base at Shepperton Studios.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, internet and email.
Literacy and numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone.
The role will be based at Shepperton Studios; however, some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly to Pinewood Studios Studios on an ad hoc basis is necessary.
The Company provides free transport from nearby tube and mainline rail station. Details of our free shuttle bus services are available on our website.
Salary: £27,500 - £32,500 per annum (dependent on experience)