Pinewood Cinema Manager
Reference No. 0093
Purpose of the Role:
The Cinema Manager will oversee the delivery of all cinema activities at Pinewood, Shepperton and/or pop up cinema events, and to deliver all hired events at the cinema to the highest standard.
- To manage the onsite cinema experience and events from film delivery to front of house welcome.
- To deliver work within budget and agreed targets
- Maintain relevant legal documentation and payment procedures: Risk Assessments, licenses, invoices.
- Manage the delivery of Picturehouse programming making sure both the sales viability and BBFC rating implications are adhered to.
- Produce playlists and trailer programmes appropriate for the films, sales targets and BBFC rating each week.
- Manage, receive, ingest and return content from third party partners as per industry specification.
- Maintain a quality cinema experience from a projection and technical delivery perspective.
- To oversee and drive all marketing and promotion including managing the Pinewood Cinema website, social media and printed materials.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth running of events e.g. Bookings, Security and Catering.
- To ensure at all times there is cover with the correct people running each event or cinema.
- To report weekly the performance of each cinema and recommend changes and developments to drive the business forward.
- Support other departments in the running of private hires and dailies
- Manage and execute pop up events.
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the management for the effective functioning of the cinema and screening services/studios.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Compliance with all legal requirements and company policies
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
- Experience of working in an arts/events environment.
- Experience in a managerial role.
- Excellent knowledge of digital cinema.
- Knowledge of budget management.
- Experience of film programming.
- Experience of running private hire events.
- Track record of managing social media campaigns.
- Experience leading a front of house team.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Excellent organisation
- Customer service driven with experience of dealing with members of the public.
- Shows initiative and capable of working without supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
- Flexible in handling conflicting priorities.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, personable team player.
- Awareness of Health and Safety.
For more information, visit www.pinewoodcinema.com
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.