Reference No: 0160
The role of the Operations Assistant is to provide administration support to the Operations Department as the first point of contact for clients and customers, providing assistance in key areas such as the mail room and FOH Reception.
- To provide first class customer service.
- To act as the first point of contact for the Operations Department.
- Welcome, support and deal with their enquires promptly and helpfully and direct them to the relevant departments.
- Log jobs and customer requests onto Loc8.
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and tidy, monitoring kitchens loading and unloading of the dishwasher.
- To be responsible for ordering milk and cancelling orders when required.
- Checking and ordering stationary when required using the Pinewood Purchase Requestor.
- Producing and emailing the daily schedule by 4pm each day (this will include liaising with other departments regarding coning and booking notes).
- Producing the Daily Stage Returns.
- Updating the Over Night Car Parking Spreadsheet.
- Obtaining and updating casts lists, unit lists and shooting schedules.
- Collecting and distributing the post.
- Updating notice boards on site with Pinewood information.
- To be responsible for the Pinewood Hub Meeting Room or other meeting rooms that are required for in-house use.
- Provide refreshments for visitors as required.
- Run errands on and off site.
- Take, record and pass on accurate messages.
- To provide operational support in the main Operating Office, mailroom and front of house reception on a rota system.
- Support other studio departments when required.
- Whenever possible, to answer the Operating Office general telephone and to pick up other extensions when required.
- Customer service driven.
- Desirable commercial industry experience and knowledge of sector.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
- Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- Able to communicate and motivate individuals.
- Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
- Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood, Shepperton and Pinewood Wales.
- Must have a driving license.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Health and Safety aware.
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,440.00 per annum plus extensive company benefits