Purpose of the Role:
The role of the Operations Assistant is to provide administration support to the Operations Department as the first point of contact for clients and customers, providing assistance in key areas such as the mail room and FOH Reception.
- To provide first class customer service.
- To act as the first point of contact for the Operations Department.
- Welcome, support and deal with their enquires promptly and helpfully and direct them to the relevant departments.
- Log jobs and customer requests onto Loc8.
- Ensure the facility is kept clean and tidy, monitoring kitchens loading and unloading of the dishwasher.
- To be responsible for ordering milk and cancelling orders when required.
- Checking and ordering stationary when required using the Pinewood Purchase Requestor.
- Producing and emailing the daily schedule by 4pm each day (this will include liaising with other departments regarding coning and booking notes).
- Producing the Daily Stage Returns.
- Updating the Over Night Car Parking Spreadsheet.
- Obtaining and updating casts lists, unit lists and shooting schedules.
- Collecting and distributing the post.
- Updating notice boards on site with Pinewood information.
- To be responsible for the Pinewood Hub Meeting Room or other meeting rooms that are required for in-house use.
- Provide refreshments for visitors as required.
- Run errands on and off site.
- Take, record and pass on accurate messages.
- To provide operational support in the main Operating Office, mailroom and front of house reception on a rota system.
- Support other studio departments when required.
- Whenever possible, to answer the Operating Office general telephone and to pick up other extensions when required.
- When required to cover in the Operations Office, Mail Room and Reception.
- To be responsible for photocopying and the re filling of documents electronically when required.
- To be responsible for the operational running of the mail room, sorting and franking of post if required.
- In line with the studio reception responsibilities, make and distribute studio ID visitor cards and car passes.
- To assist the Helpdesk in call answering, message taking and Loc8 job logging if required.
- Reporting of damage to studio facilities, fixtures and fittings.
- Reporting security issues, such as illegally parked cars/ blocked fire hydrants etc.
- Observing the studio regulations at all times.
- Observing and complying with Company health and safety policy and practices.
- Maintaining high standards of customer courtesy.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Customer service driven.
- Desirable commercial industry experience and knowledge of sector.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible. Able to communicate and motivate individuals. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood, Shepperton and Pinewood Wales. Must have a driving license. Able to work flexible hours as required.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Health and Safety aware.
Salary: £19,247.00 per annum plus company benefits