Operational Health & Safety Advisor
Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Reporting to: Health and Safety Manager
Support the Operational Department in its Health & Safety obligation in adhering to our Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Fire Safety Policy through all aspects of Codes of Practice, Permits, Risk Assessments and all other necessary Health & Safety documentation in line with the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
Support in ensuring standardisation, allegiance and communication within the Health & Safety function is continually maintained to benefit both the Operations department and the Company.
Maintain continual awareness of changes within Health and Safety legislation, Codes of Practice, British Standards and new Health and Safety literature in conjunction with the Company’s Health & Safety Department.
- With reference to the Group Health and Safety Manager, provide primary source of health and safety advice and guidance for all construction, mechanical and electrical and site operations works being organised through the Operations department.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of competent contractors, and assist in the oversight of their operations on site.
- Support the timely and safe delivery of works on site through effective review of contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), in accordance with Pinewood Studios Group policies and procedures.
- Identify when Permits to Work will be required and ensure that they are issued and managed appropriately.
- Support the maintaining and delivering of the Operational department’s Risk Assessments.
- Advice and support to the Operational department’s Managers and Supervisors on the implementation and monitoring of safety procedures.
- Provide guidance on the compilation of documentation through the specific understanding of the Operational department’s tasks and requirements.
- Provide guidance on Operational in-house training and certification in line with changes to working practices and guidelines in conjunction with the Health & Safety and HR Departments.
- Conduct regular inspections of Operational workspace to ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained with recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Conduct tool box talks and assist in providing training as necessary on Health and Safety related matters.
- Support Operational Managers and Supervisors with the investigation and report writing for incidents, accidents and near misses with recommendations for prevention of reoccurrence.
- Drive standardisation and realistic turnaround time of all Operational internal Health & Safety documentation.
- Continually review and maintain Operational department COSHH assessment regime.
- Support contractor inductions/presentations within the Operational department.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or equivalent NVQ equivalent)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Health & Safety Regulations 1999 and subordinate regulations.
- At least three years’ experience in managing health and safety within the construction industry and / or Facility Management
- Practical experience of working within the requirements of the CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Experience in reviewing and preparing method statements and risk assessments and managing relevant permit to work systems.
- Experience in communicating with the HSE and local authority
- Experience in the Film, TV and media industry is desirable
- First Aid at Work Certificate preferred
- Shows initiative and capable of working without supervision. Prepared to take responsibility for tasks and with a proactive attitude
- Highly organised with good record keeping skills and with the aptitude to assist in all areas of the H&S department
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with flexibility around working hours
- Strong team player with a responsible attitude with confidence in maintaining the appropriate level of professionalism in confrontational situations
- Anything else that the Group Health and Safety Manager/Head of Business Compliance deems appropriate
Personality: Self driven and a confident communicator at all levels of seniority. Reliable, honest and trustworthy, especially when dealing with confidential information. Keen to develop their own skills and to be a key team player whilst being dependable and punctual.
Background: Should come from a Facilities, Estates, M&E or Construction background with experience of interpreting and applying relevant health and safety legislation.
Personal Situation: Able to commute when needed between all UK sites. Must have a driving licence.
Computer skills: Must be IT literate.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.
Able to interact with clients and staff of all levels.