Mechanical & Electrical Project Manager
Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Please note we have the right to close the position earlier than the closing date advertised.
NO AGENCIES NEED APPLY
Reporting to: Group Project Manager
Purpose of Role:
An experienced Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Project Manager to assist in our Project Management Department.
Reporting to the Group Project Manager, you will manage the mechanical and electrical aspects of developments at the Group’s UK Studios: Pinewood and Shepperton. These include analysing, identifying requirements and installing infrastructure, both standalone and as part of refurbishments and the construction of new buildings.
You will be responsible for the design and management of mechanical and electrical projects from inception to completion inclusive of associated builders work and fit out.
Analysis, identification and specification of the upgrade and replacement of site-wide infrastructure (primarily electrical, gas and water mains) with sufficient reporting and justification to gain CapEx investment.
- Meeting with clients and establishing their requirements.
- Producing, reviewing and implementing appropriate documentation including: pre-construction information, schedules of work, specifications, schematics and drawings for tender for each project.
- Manage a portfolio of approved Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors through the lifecycle of a project.
- Project cost procurement, analysis, appraisal and budgeting.
- Communicating with clients and colleagues, engaging with specialist consultants as required.
- Ensuring that programmes are agreed between the client and the contractor prior to each project commencing, updated as required and that key deadlines are met.
- Ensure M&E services are installed correctly and to the correct specification.
- Monitoring working practices, managing contractors and reporting lack of compliance to your line manager. Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Fire, ACOP’s and company policies.
- Ensuring receipt of relevant certification, correspondence, documents, drawings, and financial records.
- Provide technical support where required to other internal departments.
- Project analysis and clear progress reporting to management as required.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Experience in full project lifecycles, being capable of reading and preparing drawings, writing schedules of work, liaising with consultants, overseeing design issues on site, providing technical advice for all mechanical and electrical matters, issuing RAMS and general Project Management duties.
- A good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical building services systems.
- Experience and technical knowledge in a range of HVAC systems.
- Experience and technical knowledge in electrical HV and LV infrastructure.
- Desirable commercial industry experience and knowledge of sector with experience of delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of technical drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Customer service driven.
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with clients, customers, colleagues, contractors, consultants and company executives.
- Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Hold a recognised mechanical and electrical qualification.
- Ideally educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience working in a M&E Project Manager role.
- Have the ability to work both as part of a team and by using own initiative.
- Desire and ability to engage in continued professional development.
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases at both Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. Working hours may vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Strong IT skills. Proficiency in AutoCAD desirable but not essential.
Literacy and Numeracy: Strong literacy and numeracy skills. With the ability to clearly and succinctly report and provide analysis for project progression.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Be adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.