Junior Studio Production Manager
Pinewood and Shepperton Studios
Purpose of the Role:
This position is one within the Television Team of the Pinewood Studios Group. The purpose of the role is to manage clients coming into the studio from contract to completion; Negotiating quotes, issuing contracts, scheduling and booking kit and crew necessary for our clients to produce their television show. Working closely with Sales, Technology and Operations this role is fundamental to the smooth running of Pinewood’s Television Business.
- Main point of contact for clients utilizing the studios.
- Negotiate and finalize quotes for studio and kit hire with clients and suppliers.
- Schedule strategically to maximize occupancy and create economies of scale.
- Ensure client’s business and requirements are fully understood
- Fully utilise all resources and staff across Television to generate maximum contribution
- Book freelance crew and equipment within budgeted guidelines
- Responsible for all cost control reporting
- Maintain freelance crew and supplier relationships
- Liaise with other departments on site regarding client requirements and support efficient handover procedure.
- Attend show recordings as required.
- Attend client recces, lunches and occasional functions to maintain and build current and new business relationships with clients.
- Identify and communicate new business ideas.
- Work closely with other departments as required
- Delivering world class customer service to our customers
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of solid practical experience in studio based production
- Understanding of TV resource products, both technical and operational
- Experience of database, ratecard and CRM Management
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems, act on your own initiative and think laterally.
- Customer service driven
- Self-motivated, can work without direction and an effective time manager
- Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases. Able to work extended/antisocial hours when required. Able to attend occasional events in the UK and abroad. My have a clean driving licence.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate and motivate via various media. Able to understand basic business finance. Must be a competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals