Junior Project Manager (Construction)
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Junior Project Manager to join our team here at Pinewood Studios Group. In this role you will work directly for the Group Project Manager and closely with the Project Management Department and all people across the business.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your flair and passion for all things Design and Construction related and to help to make Pinewood a more rewarding place to work.
You will assist with developments at the Group’s UK Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. These include refurbishments, demolitions and the construction of new buildings, together with the installation of new infrastructure on and off site.
- To assist with the management of planned and unplanned construction projects from inception to completion.
- Preparing and implementing appropriate project documentation including: pre-construction information, pre-tender plans, detailed design packages, schedules of work, detailed specifications, tender packages, cost plans etc.
- Engagement with and management of specialist consultants as required for each project i.e. Structural Engineer, Architect, M & E Consultant etc.
- Assist with project cost procurement, analysis and appraisal.
- Preparing, monitoring and managing project budgets including cost and payment management in liaison with the Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator and Finance Department.
- Assist with the delivery of reactive works such as drainage remedial works, site zoning, health and safety and fire remedial works ensuring these are prioritised in line with legislative requirements and business requirements.
- Overseeing the maintenance of project correspondence, documents, drawings, certificates and financial records through management of the Group Technical Library.
- Ensuring that project programmes are agreed between all key project stakeholders as required and that key deadlines are met.
- Regular communication with other internal departments regarding business impact from projects.
- Assist with sourcing contractors with a view to managing a portfolio of approved contractors compliant under the Construction Industry Scheme, to meet Company requirements.
- Chairing pre-start, progress and handover meetings with contractors and communicating throughout the course of each project.
- Ensure quality is delivered to the highest standard throughout each project.
- Regular and clear project progress reporting to management.
- Comply with the Group’s Policies, Plans and Procedures.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Good understanding of technical construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Good financial knowledge in meeting business objectives.
- Commercially aware with good organisational skills.
- Value driven both personally and professionally.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Firm but professional approach.
- Desire and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Desire to become a full member of the APM (structured training will be provided)
- Previous construction project management experience.
- Built Environment degree (Building Surveying preferred but not essential).
- Awareness of current relevant construction legislation, regulations and standards.
Role location: Pinewood and Shepperton Studios
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
Between £27,000.00 - £32,000.00 per annum dependant on experience plus company benefits