Health and Safety Manager
Reference No. 0121
Pinewood Studios Group are looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Health and Safety professional to lead the Health and Safety department.
The right candidate will ideally have a background in facilities / estates management or construction, and a passion for Health and Safety.
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance, the Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for leading the Health and Safety team, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety laws, and instilling a positive culture of Health and Safety across all sites.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Monitor and maintain all health and safety policies, ensuring procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Identifying and realising opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs
- Managing Contractors
- Liaison and support for productions, tenants and internal departments to ensure best practice H&S management is implemented across the sites
- Managing emergency procedures
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma
- Experience of managing Health and Safety in Real Estate /Construction
- Understanding of statutory requirements and their application
- Experience of managing H&S in compliance with OHSAS18001 /ISO45001
Personality: Highly organised, thorough, problem solver with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Self-motivated, reliable and committed. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood and Shepperton. Must have a driving license. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Must be IT literate.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers and contractors, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate with clients and staff of all levels.