Reference No. 0196
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Procurement leads the procurement of the Group’s key outsourced services and project activity. The role will strengthen the Group’s procurement capability by developing a robust, timely and consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activities within the business. This will ensure that the service is correctly defined for the future needs of the business, contract delivery can be measured appropriately against expectations and, value for money and cost savings are generated. The Head or Procurement will develop a supplier base that helps improve delivery of the outsourced service and encourages cost efficiencies.
The Head of Procurement will deliver an enhanced approach to procurement by building solid working relationships and partnerships with internal functions and external contacts. The balance between the internal client satisfaction and cost control is crucial to the success of this role.
- Manage the complete supplier and product/ services life cycles for the Group
- Produce intelligent sourcing strategies, request for information, pre-qualification questionnaires, invitation to tender, evaluation criteria and review contract agreements to influence the decision-making process in line with procurement objectives.
- Lead on tenders, having understood the business requirements and performed product/ service benchmarking, to achieve appropriate service for the Group at a competitive price.
- Carry out appropriate due diligence when assessing suppliers to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical procurement standards, inductions, audits and whole life costing
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers for all products and services within spend control, including managing category supply base to ensure delivery against commercial requirements. Ensure suitable measurable quality and performance metrics (SLA’s and KPI’s) are defined and incorporated into the contract to facilitate future performance audits and reviews
- Drive and control an agile and timely procurement process for the Group, develop a roadmap to enhance the Group’s approach to procurement of key outsourced services and products used within the business
- Develop and maintain category planning and portfolio management across indirect spend categories (including but not limited to cleaning, catering, security, environmental, waste management, mechanical & engineering, vehicle maintenance, business services and capex)
- Research market intelligence to identify trends and any innovations for categories. Embed existing and new approaches in procurement by demonstrating good understanding of industry best practice.
- Enhance procurement practices in sourcing and supplier management through the implementation of a P2P platform
- Provide procurement advice and guidance on all contracts within the portfolio. Create and develop procurement strategies that encourage continuous improvement and deliver value for money by influencing business stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and familiarity with standard terms and conditions of contract such as master service agreements, relevant UK legalisation including changes/updates
- Proven ability of working to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Any relevent degree/financial qualification preferred
- Grade: 6 (Upper)
- Role location: Pinewood Studios
- Annual discretionary bonus of up to 15% of salary based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including canteen subsidy and free film screenings