Head of Architecture and Business Systems
Reference No. 0049
Our vision for technology at Pinewood is to develop a premium customer experience, worthy of our brand. The starting point is to build a platform to run our business, enabling our staff to work more collaboratively. The end goal is to implement the newest technologies to provide an enhanced experience for our customers and better analytics for our business.
- Migrating our existing office infrastructure to Office 365 and inspiring the use of the Microsoft collaboration platform, especially Sharepoint, Power BI and Power Apps
- Implementing the Dynamics 365 platform as the core platform for our business (Finance, HR, CRM)
- Complementing Dynamics by introducing specific tools to enable co-working, manage complex studio bookings, property asset management and facility management
- Building a premium customer experience and co-working app that champions a community at Pinewood
Are you excited by the chance to create a new platform from scratch? Are you invigorated by the need to build the team needed to deliver the platform? Are you prepared to be hands-on?
As our first ever Head of Architecture and Business Systems, you are the lead technical architect for Pinewood Group. You're responsible for turning our technology vision into a reality by combining the best technologies available in the marketplace with products developed in-house.
A delivery-focused technical role, you will probably be a senior software engineer or senior solutions architect who’s ready for that next step up. You are attracted by the opportunity to transform the way a business operates and interacts with its customers. Designing and architecting the platform we need is second nature to you.
You are excited by the opportunities that IoT and data analytics technologies offer. You will be able to establish the MI and data flows required across our business to make Pinewood efficient and effective.
You are accountable for architecture, development, delivery and support of the platform. You will need to establish and develop the team responsible for delivery. You will introduce the methodologies you know to be successful for delivery.
A good understanding of facility management and co-working/office experience technologies would be an advantage but not necessary, as would a detailed understanding of Dynamics 365.
This is your opportunity to build the Pinewood platform of the future
- Broad architecture skills, covering application, infrastructure and data
- Strong integration skills
- Demonstrable understanding of computing infrastructure, integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications, and of best practice architectural and design methods.
- Knowledge of API’s (REST/JSON) & Webservices (SOAP/XML)
- Significant experience of .NET, SQL, Azure.
- Engineering skills in two or more languages (Java, Scala, Python, PHP, C#, C++, Go etc)
- Exposure to disparate technology, from front end user interfaces through to back end systems
- Knowledge of different range of operating systems, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies supporting continuous integration/delivery
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline; or extensive on-the-job experience
- Experience of implementing Agile. Certification preferred
- Experience of implementing and integrating Microsoft stack of technologies, particularly Sharepoint, Power BI, Dynamics 365
- Front-end development experience to build user-friendly and accessible user experiences
- Experience of Linux
- Working knowledge of Filemaker
- Leading in-house and 3rd party technology teams
- Translating business need into the best technology choices given functional, non-functional and integration considerations
- Working with business users to ensure successful implementation