Group Sustainability Manager
Reference No. 0042
Pinewood Studios Group are looking to recruit someone keen to make an impact, while reducing our impact on the environment both locally and globally.
The right candidate will be an experienced energy manager who has also successfully implemented sustainability strategies in a commercial environment.
Reporting to the Head of Business Compliance, the Group Sustainability Manager will work closely with in-house teams and selected contractors to implement and further develop Pinewood’s Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Strategies and further enhance Pinewood’s position as a leader in sustainability in the film and TV industry.
- Monitoring utility use across sites
- Identifying and driving ways to reduce energy and CO2 emissions
- Budgeting and managing utility spend
- Re-billing of energy use to on-site clients
- Maintaining compliance with relevant regulations
- Managing and reducing the Studios impact on the environment
- Maintaining relevant Environmental compliance
- Liaison with Environment Agency and other relevant external organisations.
- Managing sustainable travel initiatives
- Managing and improving waste contracts
- Driving Sustainability Forums with staff, tenants and productions on site
- Liaison with industry groups on sustainability issues across film and TV production
- Deliver sustainability training and awareness campaigns to internal staff, tenants and customers on site.
- Support and advise internal property team regarding future developments.
- Manage and develop junior member of staff
- Experience of facilities utility management.
- Understanding of energy billing.
- Familiar with energy technologies.
- Experience of Environmental / Energy Management Systems, ideally ISO14001 and ISO50001
- Understanding of Environmental and Energy reporting, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of recycling and waste streams.
- Degree or post graduate degree in a related energy management / sustainability subject
- Obtained or working towards professional qualifications in energy or environmental matters.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, approachable, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Self-motivated, reliable and committed. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood and Shepperton. Must have a driving license. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Must be IT literate.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers and contractors, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate with clients and staff of all levels.