Group Grounds Operative - Shepperton Studios
Purpose of the Role:
Based at Shepperton Studios and reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Group Grounds Operative will focus on the cleanliness of the Studios.
Site and Gardens
- Responsibility for Scarab road sweeper.
- Vigilance in maintenance and security reporting i.e. insecurity of buildings, damage and skip removal.
- Attend to neglected areas.
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the studio site.
- Sweep and de-weed all roads and pathways.
- Reporting and removal of fly tipping and scrap items left on the studio lot.
- Assisting with ad hoc gardening tasks as required.
- Snow and ice clearance/gritting when required.
- Stage, gantry and workshop cleaning.
- Responsible for all Stage and Workshop exterior cleaning including lighting, signage and window ledges.
- Responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of all Studio Car Parks.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Container Park.
- White Goods/General Rubbish.
- Rubble clearance.
- Pallet collecting.
- Flat packing of waste items (work benches etc.).
- Jet washing of buildings and covered areas.
- Weeding paths and roadways.
- Washing down of doorways and window ledges.
- Report on site problems to the Operations Manager or Operations team.
- Report or solve any issues/requirements.
Reporting of damage to studio facilities, fixtures and fittings.
- Reporting security issues, such as illegally parked cars/ blocked fire hydrants etc.
- Reporting on and closing off on jobs on the Studio Work management system via PDA’s.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics.
- Be able to task yourself and plan a daily/weekly routine.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Experience of lone work for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work from your own initiative.
- Capable of working without supervision.
- Prepared to take responsibility for tasks.
- Highly organised.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Able to interact with clients and staff of all levels.
Personality: Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Reliable, honest and trustworthy. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player. An interest in the film and television industry.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to Shepperton Studios, support Pinewood Studios as required and out of hours as required. Working flexibly between Monday and Saturday. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements. Current driving license.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.