Reference No. 0031
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Shepperton Site Supervisor, this role will be based at both Pinewood and Shepperton sites to perform all horticultural tasks such as pruning, grass cutting and leaf collection. Attention to detail is key to ensuring the site’s gardens and external areas are always well maintained and presentable.
- Work alongside in-house gardening team and follow PPM schedule in seasonal maintenance of flower, shrub, woodland gardens, trees and hedges.
- Develop a working knowledge and broad familiarity with the majority of plants within the garden.
- Understand and encourage, where possible and appropriate, the diversity of wildlife within the gardens to ensure optimum care of the exceptional wild flora and fauna.
- Planting and weed control.
- Maintenance of herbaceous plantings, staking, dead heading, dividing, etc.
- Propagation, plant production and maintenance under glass.
- Formative, seasonal and rejuvenate pruning of deciduous and evergreen trees, shrubs, climbers and hedges.
- Use and maintenance of garden machinery including tractor, mowers, strimmers and trailers.
- Turf maintenance.
- Pest and disease control and appropriate, timely and safe use of pesticides, as directed.
- Optimum use of composting systems.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Line Management.
Competencies and Qualifications
- An enthusiasm for plants and gardening.
- Gardening knowledge, however on the job training will be provided.
- Customer service driven.
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- Awareness of Health & Safety (H&S training will be provided including Manual Handling, Working at Height, Steps and Ladders).
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer skills:
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later and ideally database / work allocation software. Training given on Loc8 work allocation.
- Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
- Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and motivate others.
- Business Skills:
- Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone / emails.
Salary: £20,000.00 - £25,000.00 per annum plus company benefits