To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Reporting to:Pinewood Site Supervisor
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Pinewood Site Supervisor, this role will be based at both Pinewood and Shepperton sites to perform all horticultural tasks such as perimeter hedge cutting, grass cutting and leaf collection across c300 acres, with PSDF Phase 2 and Shepperton Masterplan developing further over the next 3 years.
This role will take ownership of the department’s tractor and gardening machinery.
- Work alongside in-house gardening team and follow PPM schedule in seasonal maintenance of flower, shrub, woodland gardens, trees, hedges and undeveloped fields.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of Kubota M6060 tractor, use and maintenance of gardening machinery including, mowers, strimmers and trailers.
- Develop a working knowledge and broad familiarity with the majority of plants and trees within the garden.
- Understand and encourage, where possible and appropriate, the diversity of wildlife within the gardens to ensure optimum care of the exceptional wild flora and fauna.
- Site wide weed control.
- Maintenance of herbaceous plantings, staking, dead heading, dividing, etc.
- Formative, seasonal and rejuvenate pruning of deciduous and evergreen trees, shrubs, climbers and hedges.
- Turf maintenance.
- Pest and disease control and appropriate, timely and safe use of pesticides, as directed.
- Optimum use of composting systems.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Line Management.
Competencies and Qualifications
- An enthusiasm for plants and gardening.
- Tractor driving experience, maintenance and attachment use
- Field cultivation and maintenance experience
- Gardening knowledge, however on the job training will be provided.
- Customer service driven.
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- Awareness of Health & Safety (H&S training will be provided including Manual Handling, Working at Height, Steps and Ladders).
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and motivate others.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later and ideally database / work allocation software. Training given on Loc8 work allocation.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone / emails.