Fire Safety Officer (12M FTC)
Reference no. 0148
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dedicated Compliance Team at Pinewood Studios UK as a Fire Safety Officer supporting Shepperton Studios. The role of Fire Safety Officer offers a unique and diverse opportunity for the successful candidate.
The Fire Safety Business unit sits within the Compliance department working closely alongside the Health & Safety department and is responsible for providing a safe, secure and supportive environment to all Pinewood Group employees, Tenants and Productions across the two sites.
Additionally, the role will be to provide advice and guidance to staff, contractors, tenants and Productions and assurance to the Pinewood UK Group Board.
- Assist the Fire Safety Business Unit in the management of the Group fire safety policy
- Conduct fire risk assessments for premises across the estate and develop action plans to mitigate identified risk
- Carry out fire safety inspections, risk assessments and audits on passive and active fire protection installations for premises across the estate
- Provide advice and Guidance to Pinewood Group UK Stakeholders to assist in compliance with the Fire Safety Order
- Develop and deliver high quality fire training (Fire Warden, Fire Safety Awareness, Fire extinguisher training) and fire safety advice to Pinewood group UK stakeholders
- Conduct and observe practical fire safety evacuation drills at specific premises and provide feedback and reports on those drills
- Conduct and keep up to date fire incident information planning documentation
- Improving the standard of fire safety across the estate
- Membership of a recognised, professional body (e.g. IFE, IFSM)
- Hold, or working towards, a recognised and relevant industry technical fire safety qualification
- Extensive fire safety experience/practice with a sound working knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and its supporting legislative framework (e.g. British Standards, Approved Doc. B etc.)
- A specialist knowledge of fire safety legislation and relevant codes of practice underpinned by theoretical knowledge and relevant working experience
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Power Point, Word & Excel
£30,000 - £32,000 per annum, plus company benefits
Please note: This is a 12 month fixed-term contract. There may be potential for conversion to a permanent contract based on business demand.