Facility Services Supervisor - Refurbishments
Reference No. 0147
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Refurbishments Supervisor to join our team here at Pinewood Studios Group. In this role you will work directly for the Group Facility Services Manager and be responsible for the planning, scoping and management of the in-house refurbishment team to carry out the essential maintenance and uplift of Pinewood’s facilities to ensure they are in suitable condition for hire.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for all things maintenance related and continue to make Pinewood a rewarding place to work.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in the safe, efficient and effective operation of the in-house refurbishment team (Carpenter, Decorator and Construction Operative) and their responsibilities.
- Manage the in-house refurbishment team’s daily workload, including prioritising, assigning, scheduling, communicating requirements, planning, monitoring and appraising job contributions.
- Specify, order and manage in-house staff materials for your trade team, including monitoring of expenditure with accountability for associated budget lines.
- Supervise all maintenance employees’ workmanship, ensuring completion to expected standards prior to sign off in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and requirements (including Health and Safety, Human Resource, Legal etc.) are adhered to.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Ensure all PPE is available and is worn at all required times.
- Liaise and deal with requests and issues from clients and other departments in a professional, polite and timely manner.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Proven track record of planning and overseeing trade teams in the completion of small to mid-sized refurbishment works.
- Customer service driven.
- Commercial industry experience.
- Relevant qualifications and sound working knowledge of trades and systems which fall under their responsibility, both internal and external. Including, but not limited to:
- Building fabric maintenance, repair and refurbishment
- Flooring installation
- Kitchen and bathroom installation
- General building / construction trades i.e. roofing, guttering, brickwork etc.
- Small refurbishment projects
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives and high-profile clients.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- H&S qualification (IOSH / Nebosh) and knowledge of Compliance responsibility.
- Basic knowledge of business finance.
- Computer literate in MS Office 365 and usage of CAFM systems (training provided on specific system).
- Understanding of Asbestos Awareness.
- Ability to assess and compile Risk Assessments and Method Statements for non-standard tasks.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical principles.
- Fire Risk Assessment criteria / compliance understanding.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing and friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Able to motivate individuals. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios and client offices when required. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required on a rota.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.
Salary: Up to £38,000.00 per annum plus company benefits