Facility Services Supervisor (Mechanical & Electrical)
Reference No. 0114
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Group Facility Services Manager the Facility Services (Mechanical & Electrical) Supervisor organises and oversees the day to day running of M&E installation, planned maintenance and repair tasks.
As the first point of contact for the Facility Services Mechanical & Electrical team they are responsible for ensuring that all mechanical / HVAC, plumbing and electrical works are carried out by the team as efficiently as possible and to the highest standards required of the Pinewood Group, in line with client expectation.
- Assist and supervise all reactive, planned and preventative maintenance tasks and projects in their entirety across the Pinewood Group sites to improve the function and reliability of all mechanical / HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in the safe, efficient and effective operation of the in-house team and their responsibilities.
- Manage the in-house team’s daily workloads, including prioritising, assigning, scheduling, communicating requirements, planning, monitoring and appraising job contributions.
- Specify, order and manage in-house staff materials for your relevant trade teams, including monitoring of expenditure with accountability for associated budget lines.
- Improve the function and reliability of all M&E systems and associated equipment by studying performance results, identifying, recommending and implementing changes as required.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in gathering quotes and managing sub-contractors to undertake small projects, replacement and refurbishment work across the Pinewood Group sites, in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise all M&E employees’ and contractor workmanship, ensuring completion to expected standards prior to sign off in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and requirements (including Health and Safety, Human Resource, Legal etc.) are adhered to.
- Ensure all PPE is available and is worn at all required times.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- To advise the Facility Services Manager on all Facility Services issues and to assist in ensuring the Department is aligned with the Company’s strategy.
- Liaise and deal with requests and issues from clients and other departments in a professional, polite and timely manner.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Line Management.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Desirable to have a track record of solid practical experience in Studio, Facility Management or similar.
- Customer service driven.
- Desirable commercial industry experience.
- Relevant qualifications and sound working knowledge of trades and systems which fall under their responsibility, both internal and external.
These will be, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation maintenance, repair, remedials, refurbishment and certification
- Mechanical systems maintenance, repair, remedials, refurbishment and certification
- Small M&E refurbishment projects
- HV & LV maintenance
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- Knowledge of compliance responsibility.
- Basic knowledge of business finance.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and motivate others.
Personal situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later and ideally database / work allocation software. Training provided on computer aided facility management software (Loc8).
Literacy and numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone / emails.