Facility Services Supervisor (Mechanical & Electrical)
Reference No. 0139
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Group Facility Services Manager, the Facility Services Supervisor (Mechanical & Electrical) organises and oversees the day to day running of the M&E installation, including planned & reactive maintenance and repairs at Pinewood Studios.
This role is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with a strong FM background in mechanical and electrical disciplines who is highly skilled and capable of managing the upkeep and development of our world class production facilities.
- Assist and supervise all reactive, planned and preventative maintenance tasks and small projects at Pinewood Studios to improve the function and reliability of all mechanical / HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Manage the in-house team’s daily workloads, including allocation and completion to company and client satisfaction.
- Specify, order and manage in-house staff materials for your relevant trade teams, including monitoring of expenditure with accountability for associated budget lines.
- Improve the function and reliability of all M&E systems and associated equipment by studying performance results, identifying, recommending and implementing changes as required.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in gathering quotes and managing sub-contractors to undertake refurbishment and small project works in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise all M&E employees’ and contractor workmanship, ensuring completion to expected standards prior to sign off in line with requirements.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Liaise and deal with requests and issues from clients and other departments in a professional and timely manner.
Competencies and Qualifications
- A trade background, with relevant qualifications and sound working knowledge of trades and systems, both internal and external, which fall under their responsibility, including:
- Mechanical systems maintenance, repair, remedials, refurbishment and certification;
- Small M&E refurbishment projects; and
- HV & LV maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of business finance.
- Previous experience in team management in an industrial role managing a multi-discipline team.
- Experience in managing Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience in the use of MS Office and CAFM software is essential. Training will be provided on our CAFM software (Loc8).
- Track record of solid practical experience in Facility Management or similar.
- Commercial industry experience.
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner and prioritise work effectively.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Able to communicate well with people across different disciplines and management levels.
- The role is based at Pinewood Studios in Iver. Travel to Shepperton Studios may be required from time to time.