Facility Services Supervisor - Maintenance
Reference No. 0132
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Group Facility Services Manager, the Facility Services Supervisor (Maintenance) organises and oversees the day to day running of the building and site fabric, including planned & reactive maintenance and repairs at Pinewood Studios.
This role is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with a strong background in general building fabrication, construction, carpentry and decorating works. The role requires someone who is highly skilled and capable of managing the upkeep and development of our world class production facilities.
- Assist and supervise all reactive, planned and preventative maintenance tasks and small projects at Pinewood Studios to improve the function and safe operation of the facilities.
- Manage the in-house team’s daily workloads, including allocation and completion to company and client satisfaction.
- Specify, order and manage in-house staff materials for your relevant trade teams, including monitoring of expenditure with accountability for associated budget lines.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in gathering quotes and managing sub-contractors to undertake refurbishment and small project works in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise all Maintenance employees’ and contractor workmanship, ensuring completion to expected standards prior to sign off in line with requirements.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Liaise and deal with requests and issues from clients and other departments in a professional and timely manner.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- A trade background, with relevant qualifications and sound working knowledge of trades and systems, both internal and external, which fall under their responsibility, including:
- Building fabric maintenance, repair and refurbishment;
- General building / construction trades i.e. roofing, guttering, brickwork;
- Ground works / drainage;
- Small refurbishment projects;
- Vehicle fleet operation; and
- Industrial loading doors.
- Basic knowledge of business finance.
- Previous experience in team management in an industrial role managing a multi-discipline team.
- Experience in the use of MS Office and CAFM software is essential. Training will be provided on our CAFM software (Loc8).
- Track record of solid practical experience in Facility Management or similar.
- Commercial industry experience.
- Experience in managing Safe Systems of Work.
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner and prioritise work effectively.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Able to communicate well with people across different disciplines and management levels.
- The role is based at Pinewood Studios. Travel to Shepperton Studios may be required from time to time.
Salary up to £36,000 per annum depending on experience.