Facility Services Supervisor - Maintenance
Reference No. 0111
Purpose of the role:
- Reporting to the Group Facility Services Manager the Facility Services Maintenance Supervisor organises and oversees the day to day running of maintenance installation, planned maintenance and repair tasks.
- As the first point of contact for the Facility Services Maintenance team they are responsible for ensuring that all site and general building fabric, construction, carpentry and decorating works are carried out by the team as efficiently as possible and to the highest standards required of the Pinewood Group, in line with client expectation.
- Assist and supervise all reactive, planned and preventative maintenance tasks and projects in their entirety across the Pinewood Group sites to improve the function and safe operation of the facilities.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in the safe, efficient and effective operation of the in-house team (Carpenters, Decorators and Construction Operatives) and their responsibilities.
- Manage the in-house team’s daily workloads, including prioritising, assigning, scheduling, communicating requirements, planning, monitoring and appraising job contributions.
- Specify, order and manage in-house staff materials for your relevant trade teams, including monitoring of expenditure with accountability for associated budget lines.
- Assist the Facility Services Manager in gathering quotes and managing sub-contractors to undertake small projects and refurbishment work across the Pinewood Group sites, in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Supervise all Maintenance employees’ and contractor workmanship, ensuring completion to expected standards prior to sign off in line with both company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and requirements (including Health and Safety, Human Resource, Legal etc.) are adhered to.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Ensure all PPE is available and is worn at all required times.
- To advise the Facility Services Manager on all Facility Services issues and to assist in ensuring the department is aligned with the Company’s strategy.
- Liaise and deal with requests and issues from clients and other departments in a professional, polite and timely manner.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Line Management.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Desirable to have a track record of solid practical experience in Studio, Facility Management or similar.
- Customer service driven.
- Desirable commercial industry experience.
- Relevant qualifications and sound working knowledge of trades and systems which fall under their responsibility, both internal and external.
These will be, but are not limited to:
o Building fabric maintenance, repair and refurbishment
o General building / construction trades i.e. roofing, guttering, brickwork
o Ground works / drainage
o Small refurbishment projects
o Vehicle fleet operation
o Industrial loading doors
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
- Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible.
- Knowledge of compliance responsibility.
- Basic knowledge of business finance.
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and motivate others.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer Skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later and ideally database / work allocation software. Training will be provided on computer aided facility management software (Loc8).
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face to face and via telephone / emails.
Role Location: Shepperton Studios