Reference no. 0165
Pinewood MBS Lighting
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Supervising: Apprentices and agency staff as needed
Main Purpose of the Role
PMBS equipment technicians are responsible for the preparation, maintenance and testing of lighting, Power, Grip, textile and other support equipment. Ensuring high standards of preparation and quality control for each type of equipment prior rental. Technicians are allocated to one department at a time, but there is a requirement to move between departments to learn new equipment and provide cover during absences and support during peak workloads.
- Preparation of equipment for rental as specified by the equipment coordinators and the priority of work.
- Delivering equipment to despatch bays as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
- PAT testing of all portable electrical equipment and ensuring other mechanical and functional checks are made.
- Ensure all shortages are passed to equipment coordinators as soon as possible.
- Making sure all function checks are carried out on all items prior to leaving the warehouse to ensure the equipment works correctly on set.
- Ensuring all items are scanned and all non-coded items are accounted for on the system as per individual department procedures.
- Minor maintenance of equipment. Work on a “ten-minute rule” as a guide.
- Reporting of damages to the Operations administrator so that repair procedure is instigated.
- During quiet periods maintaining a full workflow of testing equipment to shelf, and improving storage solutions and labelling in the departments
- In Some departments, liaison with external cleaning and repair contractors is needed, including checking items in and out of the repair ticket system
- Supervision of apprentices and casual labour to ensure best practice is being adhered to.
- Responsible for keeping workstation and department areas clean and tidy.
- Liaison with the Operations Manager to ensure correct stock levels are maintained.
- Must be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Outlook,
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
- Must be willing to move between departments increasing knowledge of the company’s products and taking part in appropriate training.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Be able to build relationships with suppliers and the MBS sales team
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as workload demands.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
- This person will be self-motivating and organised with the ability to plan workload.
- Experience in the lighting industry would be an advantage, though not essential
- Experience with stock control systems would be an advantage
- Available to work a 40-hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday. Additional weekend and evening working is required and will be notified in advance by the Operations Manager.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team in Pinewood, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands.
About the Company
- MBS is a leading supplier of Lighting and associated equipment to the film and television industry, based at Pinewood studios, with other supporting locations
- We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
- Warehouse hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.