Reference No. 095
Purpose of the Role:
Based at our Shepperton Studios, we have a requirement for two experienced Industrial Electricians to assist our Facility Services Department.
The Electricians will report to the Facilities Services Supervisor and will install, repair and maintain Electrical systems and fixtures in any of the Studios buildings and stages.
The work is varied and the successful candidates must have a working knowledge of 3 phase distribution system, AC plant and will be expected to carry out electrical installations complying with the requirements of the 16th/17th Edition IEE wiring Regulations.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- To carry out electrical installations and upgrade company facilities.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits, insulation resistance and suitable earthing arrangements and safety devices in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing meters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Cover Standbys on shoot days.
- Assist other trades when required.
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Customer service driven.
- Desirable commercial industry experience and knowledge of sector.
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulation Qualified.
- Suitable electrical competence qualification including relevant testing & inspection qualification.
- Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Health and Safety aware.
Salary up to £34,000 per annum