Director, Studio Booking & Logistics
Director, Studio Booking & Logistics
Pinewood Atlanta Studios is looking for a Director of Studio Booking & Logistics to join our team. To succeed in this role, you will use your strong people skills, multi-tasking talents and deep experience in production logistics to effectively and efficiently assign studio assets to productions that meet project-specific needs.
Pinewood Atlanta Studios (PAS) opened in January 2014 and has grown to become the second largest purpose-built studio complex in North America. Set on 700 acres, today PAS has more than 1M square feet of production facilities that include 18 world-class sound stages, an array of high-end production workshops and warehouses, and an extensive 400 acre backlot. Known for supporting the biggest productions in the world, films produced at PAS include Avengers: End Game, Guardians of the Galaxy II, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and Ant Man and the Wasp. PAS is the only “one-stop-shop” studio complex in the Southeast US, providing filmmakers on lot access to more than 49 companies that each contribute to the storytelling process at Pinewood Atlanta Studios.
Key Job Requirements:
- Sourcing and signing new productions for Pinewood Atlanta Studios to maximize company revenue and budget targets.
- Work with company leadership to ensure the best use of company resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
- Contribute to the maintenance of company’s master client database to ensure all client data is current and accurate.
- Produce and maintain commercial business reporting, including but not limited to forecasting, account tracking, board and management reporting and pipeline tracking.
- Create and track detailed research of competitive landscape in local, regional and national markets.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to create targeted materials that showcase the company’s brand.
- Serve as a brand ambassador at industry events to promote the company’s services.
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills, as well as strong strategic, analytical and finance acumen.
- Cool under pressure, especially when dealing with difficult and complex situations. You employ diplomacy and tact to foster healthy relationships between our company and our clients. And you always strive to deliver surprisingly great service.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with the clients of Pinewood Atlanta Studios, which include the studio heads of production, producers, production managers, location managers, and other key decision-makers in the film and television industry.
- Proven ability to drive relationships in the local and national film and production community.
- High organizational skills to track and report all business development activities, establishing and maintaining short- and long-term development forecasts.
- Current experience or knowledge of the Georgia Film, TV and Digital Entertainment Industry.
- Extensive industry knowledge and experience and always knowledgeable of on-going developments and project work in the film and television industry. Such intelligence includes pertinent and related production activities in Georgia and the national landscape, including specific details and activities of our client base.
- Industry experience in content, technology and facilities logistics which allows you to clearly understand the individual and unique preferences and working styles of key creatives, so that you effectively match their needs with the most suitable resources at Pinewood Atlanta Studios.
- Impeccable reputation among colleagues and key industry players.
- Experience identifying and developing new market and business opportunities.
- Client savvy and excellent “forward facing” communication skills.
- Adherence to best practices / security protocols around all client and internal material, processes and documentation.
- Manage and prioritize projects, timelines and negotiate deals effectively.
- Problem solve independently with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to think strategically, while working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously.
- Proven knowledge about business issues, trends and technological advances in the entertainment industry.
- Strong computer and mobile technology skills.
- Ability to travel
- Periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds at times
- 25% travel required
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience in studio logistics management, business development, strategy, marketing or sales leadership role
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
Compensation: Competitive base salary + bonus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Paid gym membership
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Pinewood Atlanta Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify user. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.