About the role
Pinewood Group is looking to appoint a Development Manager to coordinate the delivery of several high-profile mixed-use projects at both Pinewood and Shepperton studios.
Working in a small but dynamic team in an exciting environment, the successful candidate will report directly to the Real Estate Director and be responsible for the coordinated delivery of the expansion strategy at both studio locations. The projects will comprise soundstages, workshops, creative office space and related infrastructure – creating the spaces in which extraordinary things can happen.
Working with the Real Estate Director to agree project objectives and outcomes, the Development Manager will have a high degree of autonomy and be responsible for all aspects of project delivery including; project feasibility, briefing the professional design team, overseeing design development, costing, value engineering, on-going financial appraisal and submission of planning applications as well as ensuring pre-commencement conditions are satisfied. In addition, to be responsible for managing any design change and budget monitoring during the delivery phase.
- Manage the end to end delivery of projects relating to the Groups development strategy, in line with objectives and budgets agreed by the Real Estate Director
- Appoint and manage the performance of professional teams to ensure the projects are delivered to the required standard
- Manages costs with assistance from the appointed consultants to produce a deliverable cost plan that includes design development and value engineering
- Conduct project appraisals and makes recommendations to the Board for additional budget consideration
- Compiles the client brief, specification and briefs the design team
- Manages the Board-approved professional fee, survey, expenses budget and construction budget
- Obtains planning permission for any developments, which involves considering client input to the planning application documents, preparing legal agreements such as S106 and S278, ensuring the pre-commencement conditions are satisfied and ensuring S106 obligations are met
- Works with externally appointed project manager to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget
- Actively mitigates the risk of construction projects impacting on the day to day production activity (e.g. shooting)
- Manages the occupation and snagging process, post completion
- Oversees the latent defect process in conjunction with the project manager, legal advisors and technical team
Skills and experience
- Experience of mixed-use property development from inception through to completion
- Expertise in planning processes and construction procurement
- Substantial experience working across the built environment sector working in either consultancy or client-side roles
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Project lead / experience in managing large project teams
- Appreciation of good design and experience in understanding architectural drawings
- Good knowledge of project appraisal and costing
- Experience in preparation of appraisals and cashflows to demonstrate project viability
- Capable of working under pressure and to a deadline with a flexible attitude and ability to juggle multiple, and shifting priorities
- Articulate, mature and accurate writing skills required to draft reports and PowerPoint presentations with proficiency in Excel
- Educated to Degree Level or with equivalent industry experience
- Full clean driving license
- Role location: Pinewood Studios
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis.
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application