Creative Services Systems Engineer
Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Please note we have the right to close the position earlier than the closing date advertised.
NO AGENCIES NEED APPLY
Reporting to: Chief Engineer
Creative Services at Pinewood provides a wide gamut of services including;
Digital and Film Dailies – 4 film scanners. Filmlight Baselight and DaVinci Resolve grade. Filmlight Daylight and other Mac OS based rendering tools, Stornext fibre channel storage and a large NAS storage estate.
Creative and Localisation Audio departments – Across Pinewood and Shepperton are 20 audio theatres, 5 Atmos, 14 Dolby 7.1 and a foley recording theatre. Between them, there are 65 Pro Tools HDX systems running on Mac OS, plus various Pro Tools Native systems residing in numerous edit rooms. Euphonix S5, Avid S6 and D-Control provide the control and they all share iSCSI online SSD storage.
TV Studios – 3 fully equipped studios, 1 x 2500 sqft and 2 x 9000 sqft. Sony camera channels and vision mixing, Imagine Communications infrastructure and Calrec audio desks. Rhode & Schwartz Venice recording using stornext fibre channel storage.
Purpose of Role:
The role, primarily, will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the various Mac & Linux post production systems, storage and networking that all the departments below use. Tailored devices and systems will need to be designed and implemented, with the ability to be able to monitor and control these remotely as they will be dispersed across both sites at Pinewood and Shepperton. Some scripting knowledge is desired to automate and to offer improvements in process and security.
- Mac OS and Linux system design, implementation and administration
- Storage, Fibre Channel and Ethernet network design, implementation and administration.
- Scripting to provide enhancements in post-production workflows and security.
- Provide support and assist existing post production engineering team.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Understanding of post-production workflows and practices.
- Proven experience with implementing server/storage systems.
- Interest in learning other disciplines within post production to gain wider experience.
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Team working with collective problem solving.