Consumables Store Person (Pinewood MBS Lighting)
Reference No. 0094
MBS is a leading supplier of Lighting and associated equipment to the film and television industry, based at Pinewood studios, with other supporting locations.
MBS work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Operations Manager and having a dotted line report to the Inventory Manager, the Consumables Store Person is primarily responsible for ensuring day to day operations of the consumables department, ensuring that customer orders are fulfilled, and all stock is accounted for on an inbound and outbound basis. Much of the stock is shipped on a sale or return basis, there is an extensive check in process, which results in billing to the customer. Therefore, organisation labeling and accuracy is essential
- The Consumables Store Person has responsibility for the storage, and accounting of the stock in the consumables department and on the inventory tracking system. (RT pro)
- Taking instruction from the Equipment manager / coordinators for pulling consumables jobs in a timely manager in accordance with the operating procedure.
- Ensuring that shortages on orders are reported quickly and that steps are taken to rectify shortfalls.
- Ensuring that all dispatched orders are correctly packaged and labelled in accordance to customer and internal requirements.
- Making sure all returned orders are identified quickly and returns are logged on RTpro against the correct order. Ensuring stock is checked and returned to the shelf where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all stock is stored efficiently and securely making best use of available space, by maintaining high levels of housekeeping standards
- Ensuring stock quantities are maintained using the inventory re order report, all shelves labelled appropriately and technical information available.
- Keep COSHH and other information relating to products
- Ensure that correct stock levels are maintained at all times and audit trails are in place for stock leaving and entering the department.
- Working with the inventory team to make stock adjustments where necessary
- Working with the Purchase order controller to ensure a competitive supply chain is maintained.
- Keep stock of internal consumables such as paper, printer cartridges and cleaning products, and have an auditable process for checking out such items to internal departments
- Suggest additions or reductions in product ranges by monitoring requests and trends
- Look at ways to increase revenue and up sell goods such as trade counter of on-line sales
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Be able to build relationships with suppliers and the MBS sales team
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as workload demands.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfill orders
- This person will be self-motivating and organised with the ability to plan workload and prepare stock for future orders
- Experience in the lighting industry would be an advantage, though not essential
- Experience with stock control systems would be an advantage
- Available to work a 40 hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday.
- Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands.
- Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfill them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
- Working as part of the wider warehouse team in Pinewood, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.