Construction Operative (Refurbishments)
Reference No. 0156
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Construction Operative to join our team here at Pinewood Studios Group. In this role you will work directly for the Refurbishments Supervisor and be responsible for the redecoration, maintenance and uplift of Pinewood’s facilities to ensure they are in suitable condition for hire.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for all things maintenance related and continue to make Pinewood a rewarding place to work.
- Assist the Facility Services Refurbishments Supervisor in the safe, efficient and effective refurbishment of Pinewood’s facilities.
- Carry out general maintenance activities including, but not limited to:
- Door hardware replacement / repair.
- Painting and Decorating.
- Carpet tile / wood flooring install and repair.
- Ceiling tile and suspended ceiling grid repair / replacement.
- Patch plastering (skim / render) repairs.
- Basic carpentry works (kitchen unit assembly / install).
- Patch roof repairs (mineral felt and liquid membrane).
- Down pipe & Guttering clearance and repair.
- Support the other members of the refurbishment team with maintenance duties as required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work in accordance to company policies, procedures and requirements (including Health and Safety, Human Resource, Legal etc.).
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Ensure all PPE is worn at all required times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Relevant City and Guilds / NVQ level 2 trade qualification or proof of time served apprenticeship / on the job training with current references
- Customer service driven
- Self-motivated and effective time manager
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and confidence skills
- Computer literate in MS Office 365 and usage of PDA to record timesheets / job status systems (training provided on specific system)
- Understanding of Asbestos Awareness.
- Vinyl and vinyl floor tile (Karndean or similar product) flooring installation and repair
- Hygienic PVC wall linings (Whiterock or similar product) installation and replacement
- Any additional trade qualification in Carpentry or General Maintenance which can assist the team in meeting objectives
- Commercial industry experience
Role primary location: Pinewood Studios.
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton Studios on an ad hoc basis, as required.
£28,900 per annum plus extensive company benefits