Reference No. 0203
We currently have Construction Operative opportunities at both Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. Please specify in your application which location you are interested in applying for.
About the role:
Based at our Studios, the Construction Operative will carry out general building maintenance tasks to the Studio's structures, fabric and grounds. The successful candidate will support the activity and smooth running of the electrical and estate maintenance teams within our Facility Services departments across the Pinewood group sites.
- General building and maintenance activities whilst maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the site
- Roofing maintenance and small project tasks, including sheet and felt coverings, soffits and fascia’s, gutters and downpipes and gutter blockages and clearance
- Fabric maintenance tasks and small projects works including brick/block work and render, patch plaster, render repair, carpet tile fitting and painting and decoration
- Smaller general ground work and maintenance tasks including fencing, key clamp, posts, paving, road surfaces, manholes, line markings, surface and foul drainage, drain works and emergency spills.
- Scaffold tower erecting
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Any relevant trade qualifications
- Qualified to operate a Forklift and MEWP
- Health and Safety awareness
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Self-motivated and able to work quickly and efficiently either alone or as part of a team
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with customers & tenants
- Role location: Pinewood Studios or Shepperton Studios - Please specify upon application
- Job grade: 3 (Lower)
- Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis. We provide transport from nearby tube and mainline rail stations to the studios. Details of our free shuttle bus service available on our website.
Closing date for applications is 2 October 2020.
We are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. As a Stonewall Diversity Champion, we welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.