Reference No. 0096
Purpose of the Role:
Based at our Pinewood Studios, the Construction Operative will carryout general building maintenance tasks to the Studios structures, fabric and grounds, supporting the activity and smooth running of both the electrical and estate maintenance teams within our Facility Services departments across the Pinewood group sites.
- General building and maintenance activities whilst maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the site.
- To carry out roofing maintenance and small project tasks, including sheet and felt coverings, soffits and fascia’s, gutters and downpipes and gutter blockages and clearance.
- To carry out fabric maintenance tasks and small projects works including brick/block work and render, patch plaster, render repair, carpet tile fitting and painting and decoration.
- To carry out smaller general ground work and maintenance tasks including fencing, key clamp, posts, paving, road surfaces, manholes, line markings, surface and foul drainage, drain works and emergency spills.
- Scaffold Tower erecting.
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Any relevant trade qualifications.
- Qualified to operate a Forklift and MEWP.
- Health and Safety aware.
- Comfortable with working at heights.
- Self-motivated and able to work quickly and efficiently either alone or as part of a team.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with customers & tenants.
- Excellent attention to detail.