Reference No. 0136
Reporting to the Production Manager, the purpose of the role is to support the global sales team through financial and sales analysis, developing sales tools to inform decision-making (Forecast Sheets, KPI Tracker, Power BI, etc.), and supporting strategic projects.
- Own and develop sales tools, continually seeking and implementing ways to improve:
- Own the Forecast Sheets, providing visibility on occupancy, revenue and availability
- Develop a ‘tetris’ model to optimise how we fit productions into spaces
- Lead transition of reporting from Excel to Power BI or similar online reporting platform
- Own budget logic and detail
- Own the Quote Builder tool, providing pricing to our Studios globally
- Assist with reports compilation and deadlines for Management Committee and Board Meetings
- Ad-hoc analysis and support for Global team, to inform-decision-making:
- Analyse sales trends, activity, pipeline forecasting, capacity utilisation and revenue optimisation
- Support ad-hoc requests regarding day-to-day Sales activities as and when required
- Provide analysis for Strategic Projects, working closely with Commercial Director to evaluate how we do things today and what we should do differently in future. Potential projects include:
- Identify and evaluate countries/markets where Pinewood could open new studios
- Evaluate the financial and strategic contribution of our 300+ tenants who work at Pinewood, and how we can strengthen this part of the business
- Develop framework for Pinewood to invest and deliver consistent ‘wow’ experience to everyone production customer
Competencies and Qualifications:
Key to this role is strong analytical mindset, a good Excel/analytical toolkit and desire to learn. Experience in the film industry or business is not required:
- Proven analytical skills
- Bias for action
- Excellent and demonstrable skill in Excel (modelling an added bonus)
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Excellent writing, presentation, and information retention skills
- The confidence and tenacity overcome obstacles and find solutions
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails.
The role will be based at Pinewood Studios; however, some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly to Shepperton Studios on an ad hoc basis is necessary.
The Company provides free transport from nearby tube and mainline rail station. Details of our free shuttle bus services are available on our website.
Salary: £22,500 - £27,500 per annum (dependent on experience)