Reference No. 0112
Purpose of the role:
- An experienced Carpenter required to assist in our Facility Services Department.
- The Carpenter reports to the Facilities Services Supervisor and will carry out 1st & 2nd fix work alongside maintenance and repairs to timber structures, doors, window frames and associated fixtures and fittings in all Studios buildings.
The work is varied, and the successful candidate must have suitable trade qualifications and will be expected to carry out installation, maintenance and repairs to Group facilities and assets.
- First fix skills including installation of wooden structures, joists, staircases, stud walls, doors, window frames
- Second fix skills including installation of flooring, skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards, worktops, shelving including ironmongery and locks.
- Install and replacement of ceiling tiles and grid
- Stage tank removal and re instatement
- Assist all Estates functions in emergency situations.
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Relevant apprenticeship of time served experience
- City and Guilds or equivalent qualification in carpentry
- Self-motivated and able to work quickly and efficiently either alone or as part of a team.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with customers & tenants.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios.
Computer Skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone.