Assistant Project Manager
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Reporting to:Project Manager
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager is key to supporting the delivery of a bespoke workload in conjunction with the annual budgeting process.
Main responsibilities include producing project documentation such as timelines, Capex submission and spend analysis; meeting, communicating and managing consultants, contractors and utility companies whilst ensuring that programmes remain on track with schedule and budget.
Objectives and Accountabilities
• Drafting, producing, reviewing and implementing appropriate documentation including: pre-construction information, pre-tender plans, scopes of work, specifications for tender, cost plans as required for each project.
• Production of multiple detail design packages as part of the overall Project tender packages.
• Project cost procurement, analysis and appraisal.
• Maintaining, monitoring and managing project budgets including cost and payment management in liaison with the Project Co-ordinator and Finance Department.
• Overseeing the maintenance of project correspondence, documents, drawings, certificates and financial records through management of the Group Technical Library.
• Meeting with clients to establish their requirements.
• Ensuring that programmes are agreed between the client and the contractor prior to each project commencing, updated as required and that key deadlines are met.
• Regular communication with other internal departments regarding business impact from projects.
• Source a range of contractors with a view to managing a portfolio of approved contractors compliant under the Construction Industry Scheme, to meet Company requirements.
• Chairing progress meetings with contractors and communicating throughout the course of each project.
• Ensure quality is delivered to the highest standard throughout every project.
• Regular and clear progress reporting to management to enable Capex approval and strategic direction.
• Assisting with the planning process as required.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
Competencies, Knowledge & Experience
• Previous construction Project Management / Building Surveyor experience.
• Proven track record in successfully managing construction projects.
• Commercially aware with excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent communication and customer focused.
• Good financial knowledge in meeting business objectives.
• Value driven both personally and business orientated.
• Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good understanding of technical drawings, schematics and specifications.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Firm but professional approach.
• Desire and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
Person Requirements and Qualifications
Personality: Flexible, outgoing, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and motivate others.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 365 and ideally database / work allocation software. Proficiency in AutoCAD desirable but not essential.
Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills to ensure clear reporting to management and enable decision making on capital investment.
Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone / emails.