Assistant Fire Officer
Reference No. 0043
Closing Date: 31 October 2018
The Assistant Fire Safety Officer responsibility includes:
- Promoting good fire safety practices and guidance to the Group, tenants and productions
- To assist with administering all records and ensuring continued compliance with the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005
- Attend fire alarm activations and maintain log details
- To assist with maintaining building fire log books and building safety packs
- Providing fire safety guidance to the Group, tenants and productions
- Producing written Fire Risk Assessments and recommending actions to remedy any risks
- Liaising with the Local Fire Authority
- To assist the Group Health and Safety Manager and the Group Fire Officers in developing any training programmes for personnel on site and in administering the Group policy on fire safety
- Keeping up to date with any changes in fire safety legislation
- Improving and monitoring fire safety awareness at the Studios
- Issuing and approving the permit to work system
- Regular inspections of workplaces and equipment
- Preparation of all reports and records
- Assist with arranging and managing contractors to maintain, repair and replace:
- fire alarms
- gas suppression systems
- fire hydrants
Additional responsibilities for assisting the Health and Safety Department include:
- Assisting the Group Health and Safety Manager in all aspect of Health and Safety matter
- Keeping abreast of Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice and relevant Standards
- Ensuring all Group employees, Tenants, Productions, Contractors and their respective employees and visitors are aware of their specific and collective duties under the HSWA, together with its associated Regulations and approved Codes of Practice
- To provide assistance to the Group Health and Safety Advisor in the implementation of the H&S Policy
- To assist as required with the preparation and delivery of any prescribed training
- Assist with the induction of new employees and contractors
- To assist with the prevention of accident by raising the awareness of safety issues
- To provide holiday cover for the H&S advisor
- Observe the studio regulations at all times.
- Observe and comply with Company Health and Safety policy and practices.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- NEBOSH fire certificate preferred
- NEBOSH general certificate in Occupational Health and Safety preferred
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work (etc.) Act 1974, and subordinate regulations.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Experience of working with the Local Fire Authority.
- Experience in preparing risk assessments.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public, Local Authorities and management.
- Shows initiative and capable of working without supervision. Prepared to take responsibility for tasks.
- Highly organised.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player.
- Responsible attitude.
- Personality: Self driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
- Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases. Working hours will vary depending on Company requirements. Must have a full driving license.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers, face-to-face and via telephone/emails