Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Reporting to: Site Supervisor
To work under the supervision of experienced Painters and Decorators; observing, learning and carrying out work.
The candidate will be expected to complete a Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship.
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Smooths surfaces using sandpaper, brushes or steel wool and removes old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush or blowtorch to prepare surfaces ready for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints or mixes required portions of pigment, oil and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colours.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric faceplates, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- To rub down all surfaces thoroughly, removing paint finishes with appropriate equipment, prior to painting to achieve the best possible finish.
- Prepare the area ready for decoration moving heavy equipment, spreading drop cloths/dust sheets over floors and room furnishings to cover surfaces, door frames and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paint surfaces using brushes, spray gun or paint rollers.
- Replacing damaged ceiling tiles.
- Carry out paint spray booth filter replacements.
- Monitor decorating material stock and request new stock as required.
- Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
- To interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specification appropriate to the trade, with supervision.
- Use the Loc8 work manager PDA for day to day job management.
- Erecting of access equipment as required, with appropriate training and competency.
- Assist with erecting scaffolding or setting up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover, using brush.
- Undertake minor repair works and general maintenance activities when required.
- Assist other trades when required and provide operational support to all Estates functions in emergency situations.
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently, either alone or as part of a team.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- Credible and comfortable in dealing with customers & tenants.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems and think laterally.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Health and Safety aware.
Personality: A positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture. Self-driven, results orientated and a confident communicator. Reliable, tolerant, determined and flexible. Responsible attitude, dependable and punctual. Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood Studios and Shepperton Studios.
Literacy and Numeracy: Math’s, English and IT grade C or above (or a sufficient equivalent to enroll onto the apprenticeship).
Business Skills: Must be confident, professional and customer service driven.