Pinewood Studios & Shepperton Studios, UK
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
Purpose of the Role:
To work under the supervision of experienced Painters and Decorators; observing, learning and carrying out work.
The candidate will be expected to complete a Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship.
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Smoothes surfaces using sandpaper, brushes or steel wool and removes old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, wire brush or blowtorch to prepare surfaces ready for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints or mixes required portions of pigment, oil and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colours.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric faceplates, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- To rub down all surfaces thoroughly, removing paint finishes with appropriate equipment, prior to painting to achieve the best possible finish.
- Prepare the area ready for decoration moving heavy equipment, spreading drop cloths/dust sheets over floors and room furnishings to cover surfaces, door frames and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paint surfaces using brushes, spray gun or paint rollers.
- Replacing damaged ceiling tiles.
- Carry out paint spray booth filter replacements.
- Monitor decorating material stock and request new stock as required
- Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
- To interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specification appropriate to the trade, with supervision.
- Use the Loc8 work manager PDA for day to day job management.
- Erecting of access equipment as required, with appropriate training and competency.
- Assist with erecting scaffolding or setting up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover, using brush.
- Undertake minor repair works and general maintenance activities when required.
- Assist other trades when required and provide operational support to all Estates functions in emergency situations.
- Work within H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by Management.