We have a unique and exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Carpenter to join our team here at Pinewood Studios Group. In this role you will work directly for the Estate Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for the redecoration, maintenance and uplift of Pinewood’s facilities to ensure they are in suitable condition for hire.
You will have the opportunity to learn and demonstrate your passion for all thing’s carpentry related and continue to make Pinewood a rewarding place to work.
- Assist the Facility Services Maintenance Supervisor in the safe, efficient and effective refurbishment of Pinewood’s facilities.
- Carry out first fix including installation of wooden structures, joists, staircases, stud walls, doors, window frames as required.
- Carry out second fix including installation of flooring, skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards, worktops, shelving including ironmongery and locks as required.
- Install and replacement of ceiling tiles and grid.
- Wood flooring installation.
- Kitchen / Tea Point installation.
- Support the other members of the refurbishment team with non-carpentry duties as required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work in accordance to company policies, procedures and requirements (including Health and Safety, Human Resource, Legal etc.).
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Ensure all PPE is available and is worn at all required times.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Customer service driven.
- Self-motivated and effective time manager.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- Computer literate
- Basic understanding of Asbestos Awareness.
- Ability to use PDA to record timesheets / job status (training provided on specific system).
- Vinyl and vinyl floor tile (Karndean or similar product) flooring installation and repair.
- PVC wall linings (Whiterock or similar product) installation and repair.
- Any experience in Carpentry or General Maintenance which can assist the team in meeting objectives.
Role primary location: Pinewood Studios.
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed between our UK sites, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton Studios on an ad hoc basis, as required.
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application
£10,500 to £17,500 per annum dependent on experience, plus extensive Company benefits