PLEASE NOTE: We do not employ anyone directly in film or television production.
Productions that use our facilities tend to employ their own staff.
Any vacancies at the studios will be advertised on this website.
Email queries should be sent to recruitment [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com (subject: Website%20enquiry)
2 X CREATIVE AND DIGITAL MEDIA APPRENTICE
Completing a Creative and Digital Media apprenticeship with Amersham and Wycombe College the successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager – DCS. The purpose of the role is to assist in the smooth day to day running of the Post Production Department. Duties will include:
- Customer and Employee liaison/support.
- Checking of Post Production facilities before and after use.
- Replenish drinks and snacks in the Post Production area.
- Assist tenants production companies or employees in Post Production in any errands that need to be made.
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Post Production area.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
- Able to work between sites (Pinewood and Shepperton).
The successful candidate will complete their apprenticeship with Amersham and Wycombe College alongside training in picture post / digital production services.
The above roles offer a 42.5 hour week between the hours of 08:00 and 18:30, Monday to Friday and a generous benefits package.
- Drivers license (Would prefer they have their own transport but not completely essential)
- Willingness to work day & night shifts plus weekends (42.5 hours within a 7 day week)
- Background or desire to work within picture post-production
- Proficient level of computer literacy
- Previous experience within picture post facility and/or education institution
- Interest in camera/digital acquisition
- Interest in editorial/Avid media composer
- Interest in Grading/Colour Management
- Mac/PC/Linux proficient
As an equal opportunities employer we are looking to the local community to source ideal applicants.
If you would like to apply for these roles please forward a CV and covering letter to recruitment [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com
Deadline: 25 April 2014
GROUP PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
- Reporting to the Group Project Manager, you will assist with developments at the Group’s three UK Studios, Pinewood, Shepperton and Teddington. These include demolitions, refurbishments and the construction of new buildings, together with the installation of new infrastructure on and off site.
- The Group Project Administrator position is a support role, assisting the Projects team. This primarily involves assisting the team on the creation, modification and compilation of a range of project documentation and providing support on project related tasks.
- There will be a number of administrative tasks and other office duties as required.
- Some aspects of the job will involve visiting site in order to get an understanding of the works that are being carried out by the department.
- As an employee of the Pinewood Group your primary aim is to serve the company to the best of your ability with the highest professional standards so that the goals of our shareholders, directors and clients can be met.
- This is a group wide role and as such requires attendance across our UK studio sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary functions of the role include:
- Office administration, including making and receiving telephone calls, drafting emails, electronic and hard copy filing and raising orders
- Assisting the Projects team in their communications with clients, colleagues, contractors, and consultants
- Providing support to the Projects team with financial aspects of projects i.e. ensuring orders are raised, invoices are received and processed for payment and budget tracking
- Printing drawings and documentation
- Updating project reports with information provided by the Projects team
- Attending Project department meetings, including taking minutes.
Other functions will include:
- Raising orders using the Purchase Requester system, invoice processing and budget tracking
- Organising site surveys as instructed by the Projects team, including asbestos, structural, electrical, acoustic, mechanical and drawing surveys
- Assisting in compiling pre-construction information, including scopes of work, drawings, data sheets etc
- Amending documents such as scope of works where necessary
- Assisting in the creation of project cost sheets to encompass all costs associated with the project
- Submitting completed project costs sheets and Capex forms for approval
- Maintaining and keeping up to date ‘outstanding/complete’ purchase order records
- Issuing purchase order numbers to suppliers and contractors when instructed
- Acquiring all relevant documentation from the contractor i.e. risk assessment, method statements and codes of practice etc
- Communicating with other departments i.e. Facility Services, Facility Sales, Operations, Health and Safety as well as other colleagues, contractors and clients on project related matters as and when necessary.
- Knowledge of and access to the relevant legislation and regulations, specifically building, planning, health & safety (inc. CDM), fire and building regulations
- Creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Smart and professional appearance
- Understanding of technical drawings
- Use of AutoCAD – training will be provided
- Desire and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
Vacancy type: Permanent
Deadline: Friday 11th April
Location: Pinewood Studios UK, IVER , SL0 0NH
DIGITAL CONTENT SERVICES SALES EXECUTIVE
This position is one within the Pinewood sales team to work multi-functionally across the Pinewood Studios Group. The purpose of the role is to maximise the sales and utilisation of Post Production and Asset management services, TV Studios, Stages and across the Pinewood Group by identifying potential new clients and markets and acting as a liaison between Pinewood Group and those clients.
- Identify and contact potential clients to demonstrate services and win new business.
- Ensure client’s businesses and requirements are fully understood.
- Act as an information channel between the company its services and existing/potential markets.
- Gather market and customer information and feedback to the DCS team.
- Advise clients on forthcoming service developments and discuss special features
- Facilitate preparation and completion of documentation, delivery, and specifications.
- Record sales and order information on relevant software tools
- Review own sales performance against set targets.
- Liaise with resource planners and DSC facilitation team regarding client requirements and manage handover procedure.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Post Production experience essential and Television Production experience desirable.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- The ability to trouble-shoot problems, act on your own initiative and think laterally.
Personality: Motivated, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clearfocus on high quality and revenue generation. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives. A Reliable, tolerant, determined and empathetic communicator. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel to industry events if required. Keen for new experiences, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team player.
Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to multiple office bases. Able to work extended hours on occasions. Must have clean or near clean driving license and own car. Able to attend occasional remote sales events in the UK and abroad.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via various media. Understands the principles of selling and negotiation, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling etc.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations, proposals and presentations.
Business Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major customer accounts and large contracts, particularly achieving genuine sales development.
Vacancy type: Permanent
Deadline: Friday 11th April
Location: Pinewood Studios UK, IVER , SL0 0NH
Please send CV's to recruitment [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com (subject: Website%20enquiry)
Work Experience Terms
Unfortunately, we cannot offer work experience or placements to students aged 16 and below who have not started studying towards A-Levels (or an equivalent level 3 course).
For placements outside of the UK, please contact the relevant studios directly. Contact details can be found by clicking the above country headings.
Work Experience and Shadowing Scheme
Work experience will be offered to students aged 16 years and over who are studying A-Levels (or equivalent), who can demonstrate an understanding of the work carried out by Pinewood Studios Group and the benefits they would gain from taking part in the scheme.
The work experience will be one week in duration, with each day spent in a different department to gain an understanding of how a studio complex is maintained and operated.
Our new shadowing scheme will be offered from September 2013 and will be available to those studying in the areas listed below. The shadowing scheme will consist of 5 days unpaid direct work with the specific departments requested. Please note: If you have not studied, or are not currently studying related subjects then please do not apply for the Shadowing Scheme.
Shadow Scheme Placements offered in departments below:
- TV Operations
- Drapes (must be able to use sewing machine)
- Energy and Environmental Services Department
- IT Department
- Health and Safety department
If you are interested in applying for Work Experience, please complete the Work Experience application form and send to workexperience [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com
If you are interested in applying for the Shadowing Scheme, please complete the Shadowing Scheme application form and send to workexperience [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com
Placements will be offered from one to six months in duration, and will be based specifically within one department.
Applicants must be studying a degree (or equivalent) relevant to the department they have applied for, and have completed their first year of study.
Placements are offered in the following departments:
• Finance (Pinewood)
• Human Resources (Shepperton)
• Health and Safety (Pinewood and Shepperton)
• Marketing (Pinewood and Shepperton)
• Legal (Pinewood)
• Operations (Pinewood and Shepperton)
• Sales (Pinewood and Shepperton)
If you are interested in applying, please complete the Work Placement application form and send to workexperience [at] pinewoodgroup [dot] com